Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Unreliable Blogging


It's the naughty step for me, for not blogging at least weekly as I'd promised myself. It's been another awkward couple of weeks, major repairs to car, leaking tap, winter vomiting bug (norovirus) courtesy of my co-workers, and just the general run of worries. It's OK now.


Herbie is wrapped in his duvet like a little greyhound parcel while Holly lies in the yellow cardboard wreckage of a biscuit box. We recycle - when we reach the end of a box of bone-shaped biscuits, she shreds the box into little pieces, then I gather up the pieces and put them in the fire. I just haven't got round to the gathering bit yet.


I've entered lots of competitions, and today I won a whole pound (£1) from my toilet paper - as a get rich quick scheme, it's not entirely working...

1 comment:

ari_1965 said...

I was going to say, Well, a pound will buy you a pop and a candy bar. But I've just realized that it won't. The standard "single" size bottle of pop around here is 20 oz. and costs over a buck. A snickers bar is at least 75 cents. A pound is equal to 1.5 dollars right now. That's not enough; you need more. Well, crap. There's goes my idea for a treat for you.

Actually, I don't drink pop much. I don't even know why I decided to "help" you spend your one pound. I mean, jeez.

I have no idea what I'm talking about tonight.

(The word verification for this glorious comment is foeddipp. I think it's Welsh for Shut the heck up, Katharine.)