Sunday, November 09, 2008

Please to Remember...

... the entire first half of November? When will the fireworks end? Herbie had a really bad night on Friday - I didn't get home from work till after six, and he was already delirious with fright, panting and shaking so much he could hardly stand. Last night, he was dosed with everything veterinary science can throw at him, but not a whole lot better. I need to keep buying lottery tickets, so I can have my own private island where I go every 5th November. (Given the number of dog and horse owners I know, I won't be on my own there, it'll need to be quite a big island!)

Anyway, I'm hoping this is the end of the explosions, now we've had the 5th and the weekends either side. On the plus side, I've exchanged contracts on the new hovel, so only another couple of weeks, and I can start decorating. The ghastly green in the kitchen will be the first to go, then the green stripes in the hall. Then there's the navy blue wallpaper in the bedroom to strip, and... endless hours of joy.

Enough of my news, there are more important events in the world. Yes, THOSE elections, but equally greyhound racing has been banned in Massachusetts. Wish our legislators would follow suit.

5 comments:

Linda Seid Frembes said...

Poor Herbie! Our major fireworks holiday is July 4th, so that is the only time of year we need to worry.

As for the greyhound racing, yes! I am very proud of my fellow Mass. voters who supported the ballot question.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that Herbie's been having a rough time with the fireworks. Cole used to shake like a leaf, we would give her chamomile tea. It would make her drowsy and a bit more docile.

YES!! Thank goodness the elections are over! Yeah Obama!

Ellen said...

Poor Herbie. I have also have two greyhounds, one with lymphoma who's not bouncing back from chemo treatments quite the way he used to.

Ellen

Cheryl said...

Hi there,
I found your blog in my travels in search of other dog people who've had to deal with lymphoma. I'm sorry to read that Herbie has lymphoma, but I'm glad he is still fighting. My dog Jenna was just diagnosed in September, but so far, she's doing great with her chemo. Hopefully we can both continue to report that our dogs are still winning.
-Cheryl

Lesley Rigby said...

Thank goodness the fireworks are behind us (we hope)! I felt sorry for the animals in Southampton the other night when the QE2 departed. As if they haven't had enough of fireworks!

Are you really sure you want to decorate? Such exquisite taste the previous owners must have had.......