Tuesday, December 29, 2009

RIP Honky Duck




We had a sudden death in the family, but not the one I was dreading. Honky Duck has honked his last honk. He was a short-lived Christmas present for Holly. Honky Pheasant is three years old now, and a little threadbare, so I thought a duck in the same vein might be fun. Holly didn't think so.


Herbie's lump hasn't been to the vet. The snow and ice a fortnight ago were too dangerous, I couldn't drive the two miles to the vet. She very kindly said over the phone what she'd have said to me in person - if it's less than a centimetre, leave it be for now. So I'm just keeping an eye.


Happy New Year everyone, and hope you all last a bit better than poor Honky.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Honky Duck! Maybe Hollie just didn't like the sound of his/her voice. It does look like she had a good time with Honky Duck, though, while it lasted!

Happy New Year!

{HUGS}

Lesley Rigby said...

Handh, I wish you a Very Happy and Healthy New Year, with the company of your two beautiful dogs to take you through it! Give Herbie big, big hugs because you are so lucky to have him. Love, Lesley