Saturday, June 05, 2010

Hot at Home

... and I'm trying to swap Herbie and Holly from winter walk-times to summer walk-times. There's always a tough couple of weekends when I have to persuade them that we don't have a walk at lunch-time, it's too hot, and we don't do evening walks until late.

I cracked today - every time I went into the hallway, the two of them rushed out and looked at their leads meaningfully. In the end I couldn't stand it any longer, and took them to the arboretum. When I got there, the lady at the gate said, "It's quite hot for a dog-walk." Yes, I know - would you like to explain it to these two? We had ten minutes of panting and snuffling, and then we went back home. I'd like to think I've made my point, but I suspect we'll have the same routine tomorrow, until I learn to stand firm.

No comments: