Monday, November 02, 2009

Thank You

... for all the kind thoughts. Herbie has rallied a little, though he's still drinking too much. Cowprint is right about needing to find new foods. Last weekend things were looking pretty bleak, but he's wanted to go for walks again, and he is finding things he can eat.

I'm not sure how long he can keep going, but he's just been hunting round the kitchen in case I've dropped any food in there. And he was happy to say hello to the three young witches who stopped by on Saturday night. The green face paint didn't upset him this year.

3 comments:

Lesley Rigby said...

Thank goodness!
Herbie must carry a gene that if scientists could pinpoint it would be the biggest medical breakthrough ever. Just keep dropping steaks, sausages, etc. under the table and your boy will keep fighting on! Head rubs for Herbie from me.

Anonymous said...

Whew! I've been thinking about you all week and hoping for the best. Herbie...you are a wonder dog!! I love Lesley's idea of dropping steaks and sausages under the table (so do Bridget and Ben)! Cole absolutely loved mashed potatoes and couscous (separate, not together).

Take care. Hugs to everyone!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear he's still looking for those ground scores. Another thing I did (I was desperate): I shopped at a huge Asian market that had foods that my cat never had before (so no nausea yet associated.) I think I remember buying a quarter pound of octopus tentacle at one point.

Thanks for the update. We love Herbie!