Thursday, January 17, 2008

What do you tell your pets?

A man in Wales has been arrested after police put listening devices in house. Allegedly, he confessed to his cats that he had murdered his former partner.

If anyone bugs my house, boy am I going to be embarrassed. Not only do I use made-up words in a high-pitched voice ("my little snoofly-noofly") but everything normal tends to be said twice ("Was that yummy? Was that yummy?"). I also ask a lot of stupid questions ("Who's a little Holly, then?")

The thought that a human might be out there listening to this drivel fills me with horror, but it also raises some interesting questions. Will the cats get called as witnesses? Will animal communicators have to come to court to interpret? This could be history in the making...

4 comments:

Ari_1965 said...

I usually say things like "Buddha man, Buddha man," and then Buddha wiggles his tail and kiester in response. I can't truly say that Buddha is an adequate substitute for a relationship with a real, live human male. However, he belches less than any man I've ever dated, and he has no mother.

Kats_Kritters said...

I usually use a high voice or talk baby talk [not all goo goo or anything like that though]. I never actually tell my pets my problems or secrets lol so I have nothing to worry about.. but I'd hate it if anyone other than my family actually heard me talk to my pets.

Fiona said...

Yep, I talk rubbish to mine too and sing to them - mortifiying if anyone ever heard it ......

Linda Seid Frembes said...

Oh my word, that is funny. Can you imagine? The police would hear me call Waldo "dog-dog" and the cat "cat-cat". Totally unoriginal, I know, but that's what I call them!