Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Chemo Week 11

This is a week we don't have to go anywhere, since Herbie's next treatment isn't due until next Tuesday. Now that we're off the weekly treatments, it might seem odd commemorating individual weeks, but I'm keeping track of when we started on this journey.

So, Week 11 may not seem exciting, but I'm sure that without chemo Herbie wouldn't have had a week 11. In the summer, when we didn't know what was wrong with him, I bought him a new winter coat, while secretly wondering if he would ever get to wear it. Fortunately, he has. Faith and hope come and go in waves. Like meditation, where you count your breaths and try to stay focused, I'm counting the weeks.

4 comments:

Fiona said...

I'm counting with you too. And hoping and praying and trying to stay positive. That's all we can do. Do you have a pic of Herbie modelling his new coat? Bet he looks gorgeous in it :o)

Sula said...

Thinking really good thoughts for Herbie--would also love to see a pic of him in his new coat!

Hugs...

Sula
http://www.cowprintdoggie.wordress.com

Anonymous said...

I don't blame you for counting - every day is precious.

Lesley Rigby said...

I can only begin to know how it feels. I used to wonder how Graham kept his mind with the stress of it all as I found it bad enough. We are all behind you and I am sure an awful lot of others are and so be positive for Herbie.I do love his gentle face. xxxxxxxxxxx